Join the Practice

New Patient Registration

When registering you will be asked to complete a new patient questionnairre. This will allow us to provide medical care in the interim period while your medical records are being transferred from your old practice to this one. If you move out of the practice area, you will have to register with a new practice as soon as you move.

Patients registering with the Practice will be asked to bring some form of identification with them to register

This can be:

  • Medical Card from last GP
  • Passport
  • Utility bill with name and current address
  • Driving licence with current address

Registration may not take place if proof of identity has not been established.

Who is your Doctor? Expressing Preferences

Patients are registered with the practice, not an individual GP. Your medical card will be issued in the name of one of the doctors who will supervise your care, however you can at any time express a preference for a practitioner. This preference will be recorded in your medical notes. Whilst the practice will always try to comply with your requests on all occasions, it may not always be possible.

The Partnership of Drs Green, Riddle & Haut known as The Whins Medical Practice is a full equal partnership with no restrictions of limitations. The partnership is contracted to Forth Valley NHS to provide general medical services to patients registered with our practice and temporary residents within our practice boundary (as agreed with Forth Valley NHS Board). We also provide immediately necessary treatment for any person not registered with the practice who has a medical emergency within our practice boundary.

Temporary Registrations

If you are ill while away from home or if you are not registered with a doctor but need to see one you can receive emergency treatment from the local GP practice for 14 days. After 14 days you will need to register as a temporary or permanent patient.

You can be registered as a temporary patient for up to three months. This will allow you to be on the local practice list and still remain a patient of your permanent GP. After three months you will have to re-register as a temporary patient or permanently register with that practice.

To register as a temporary patient simply contact the local practice you wish to use. Practices do not have to accept you as a temporary patient although they do have an obligation to offer emergency treatment. You cannot register as a temporary patient at a practice in the town or area where you are already registered.

Non English Speakers

These fact sheets have been written to explain the role of UK health services, the National Health Service (NHS), to newly-arrived individuals seeking asylum. They cover issues such as the role of GPs, their function as gatekeepers to the health services, how to register and how to access emergency services.

Special care has been taken to ensure that information is given in clear language, and the content and style has been tested with user groups.

Open the leaflets in one of the following languages:


The Health Centre premises have suitable access for disabled patients and all the patients’ areas including waiting rooms, consulting rooms and toilets have wheelchair access. 

A wheelchair is available at reception.

Designated car parking spaces are located nearest to the entrance to the Health Centre.

Moving out of the Practice Area

The practice works within geographical boundaries agreed with NHS Forth Valley. If you move out of the practice area you will be required to register with a new practice as soon as you move.